Catch up post

Someone asked me how I manage to find the time to post everyday.... to be totally honest, I don't. It's called "scheduled posting". Easy enough to do, and I will write more than one post and then schedule it to be published ahead of time. I generally only do this with photo posts, Wordless Wednesday posts, or product reviews.

Most of my free time here at home is spent with Lily and Ethan. I do my best not to be on the computer when she's awake (sometimes it happens if I have to respond to an important email, etc) but for the most part, when she's awake she has my attention. When she naps, if Ethan is home and awake, we spend time together. Pretty much all of my blogging and photo editing is done at night... as well as whatever I have to do around the house. Ethan and I have always worked in a tag-team sort of way when it comes to keeping up the house, so in general it stays neat and put together. We're not perfect though...so there are times that our house isn't as picked up as it usually is!

However, I don't want to stop writing posts in the moment, so from time to time I do sit down and just type whatever is on my mind....like today!

I interviewed with a company this past weekend, and have been hired along with my business partner and good friend who will be running the Atlanta office with me. We actually applied and interviewed together as a package deal. We have some company training to complete, and start officially working after Labor Day. Normally new representatives are flown out to company headquarters, but because I'm a nursing mom, we'll be training via videoconference. The owner of the company is a mother of three, and she totally gets it. I'll expound on the company and my position more in a future post, but I am VERY excited! I will be working mostly from my home as an independent contractor, and it is right up alley since it's in my area of expertise within the childcare industry.

I'm currently trying to get things finalized with Erica's baby shower planning, and am also working on Lily's first birthday party. Totally different things, but the planner in me loves every second of it! :) Lily's party is definitely nowhere near as intensive as it's going to be small and pretty much family only.   We're not going crazy - but it's important to us to celebrate her turning one! And come on.... who doesn't love a baby with smashed cake and icing all over their face?!

Ethan was off of work the past two days, and it was awesome. On Tuesday, we had heavy rain all day, and Ethan surprised me by taking me to get a pedicure. It was so nice, since my toes had been sadly neglected since well before our last beach trip....but now they're sporting my favorite O.P.I. shade: Dulce de Leche. It's a very neutral pinkish beige. I prefer it for the fall and winter because it looks great with everything. I can't believe fall is nearly here....pumpkin spice muffins! Pumpkin spice lattes! Pumpkin everything!

Lily has been chowing down at breakfast and at lunch the last few days. I'm trying to figure out how we're going to do dinners in the future without destroying my boss' house due to my work hours.... like everything else, we'll figure it out! :)

I'm currently in the process of shifting Lily's naps to be earlier, which means an earlier wake up time in the mornings. On Monday night I decided I would wait up to 45 minutes before responding to her at her early morning (5 AM ish) wake up and see what happened. She went back to sleep at the 10 minute mark, so I know she no longer needs to nurse at that hour. Actually.... I've known for a while, but I wasn't ready to give up that time in the morning and the extra snuggles and cuddles. She is SO busy now during the day that it's hard to get her that quiet and snuggly. She woke up last night but only fussed for a couple of minutes before going back to sleep. She's also going 3-4 hours in between nursing sessions during the day and just started doing that over the weekend....it is honestly SO weird to not be nursing every 2 hours from 8 AM to 7 PM. A little bit bittersweet too. I won't lie though... the prospect of being able to sleep a full uninterrupted 10-12 hours per night if I want to is extremely nice. I think the longest block of uninterrupted sleep that I've had since her arrival was 6 hours. No complaints here - I knew it would be that way long before I ever had her. Now I just have to make myself go to bed earlier....

This weekend my parents are coming to visit, which I'm really looking forward to! I haven't seen my dad since July 3rd... two months is a long time. I'm excited to see mom too, but I did get to see her when she came to my rescue a couple of weeks ago! Even in those two weeks since mom has been here, Lily has exploded developmentally as far as gross motor skills. I can't wait for them to see all of her new activity and just spend time with them.

Check back tomorrow for pictures of Lily ... in a tutu. :)




Comments

Popular Posts