Quick update
I know, I know.... radio silence. Mo goes back to school on the 21st, and I promise the blog will pick up activity again when that happens! Until then, I'm working full time hours. I thought I wanted to be a non-working stay at home mom by next summer....but after 4 days at home last week when Mo was in camp....that is no longer the case.
Being at home was nice, but reaffirmed that I like to be on the go and busy...and my job makes sure that I am for 3.5 hours per day! I really think that I would go crazy without working. Plus, I really do have one of the best jobs on the planet. So, I no longer have a goal date for not working anymore... it's going to depend on what's best for Lily. If we get to a point where being a non-working SAHM would be better for her, then that's what we'll do. For now, I'm going to be a working one! I did sit down with my bosses and talk about next summer, and I will not work full-time hours more than two weeks next summer....and they will not be consecutive weeks. I can definitely live with that. I need my Lakeside, Ocean Isle Beach, and summer fun time!
Ethan has been ridiculously busy since Friday... I haven't seen him very much since then. He's worked his regular extra jobs, run a police 5k on 3 hours of sleep, and picked up 5 other extra shifts with extra jobs from officers asking him to cover. Yes, all in one weekend. I'm looking forward to actually seeing him awake and conscious tomorrow...and then of course the weekend starts right back up again. Rinse and repeat. Once Mo is back in school we'll have our mornings together, which will definitely be a good thing for all of us.
So, that's the latest..... here's a photo of Lily and her dad!
Being at home was nice, but reaffirmed that I like to be on the go and busy...and my job makes sure that I am for 3.5 hours per day! I really think that I would go crazy without working. Plus, I really do have one of the best jobs on the planet. So, I no longer have a goal date for not working anymore... it's going to depend on what's best for Lily. If we get to a point where being a non-working SAHM would be better for her, then that's what we'll do. For now, I'm going to be a working one! I did sit down with my bosses and talk about next summer, and I will not work full-time hours more than two weeks next summer....and they will not be consecutive weeks. I can definitely live with that. I need my Lakeside, Ocean Isle Beach, and summer fun time!
Ethan has been ridiculously busy since Friday... I haven't seen him very much since then. He's worked his regular extra jobs, run a police 5k on 3 hours of sleep, and picked up 5 other extra shifts with extra jobs from officers asking him to cover. Yes, all in one weekend. I'm looking forward to actually seeing him awake and conscious tomorrow...and then of course the weekend starts right back up again. Rinse and repeat. Once Mo is back in school we'll have our mornings together, which will definitely be a good thing for all of us.
So, that's the latest..... here's a photo of Lily and her dad!
![]() |
| Lily loves the shiny gold badge....and always tries to get it off. :) |


Comments