Lily meets Great Grandpa Hajek

This past weekend, Lily and I went to Charlotte. I wasn't 100% sure we were going, but when I was off of work at 4:15, I immediately decided to go. I'm so glad we did. These trips are when precious memories are made. This is time we cannot get back.

My grandfather was staying with my parents and sister for a few days before heading north to Ohio. Atlanta is no longer a viable option for him to visit since the traffic is overwhelming. We will see him again in two weeks when we're up in Ohio for vacation and for my grandmother's memorial service, but I really didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see him and for Lily to finally meet him. The day Lily was born, I was so excited to call him and tell him he had a great granddaughter but also so sad because I knew how excited my grandmother would have been. I was six weeks pregnant with Lily when my grandmother unexpectedly passed away, so I never had the chance to tell her. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my Grandma Hajek. I miss her so much.

We drove up to the lake Friday night and spent the night. Grandma Ginger and I had some time together in the morning, and then we headed to my parents' house.

Our visit was a total surprise for Grandpa Hajek. My parents were working as proctors for the SAT Saturday morning, so they weren't home. We walked into the house, and surprised him, and he met Lily. Lily smiled at him, and they became instant buddies. My sister videotaped their introduction, and I'm so glad I have that documented for the future, After lunch, he told me he wanted to get on the floor and play with her because that's what he did with all the other grandkids. I was a little worried because my grandfather is 80 years old. I had nothing to worry about, though. We left to head back to the lake around 6 so that Lily would get to bed on time, and so that her other great grandpa could spend a little time with her too. Sunday morning we headed back to my parents' for a few hours and left around 2 PM to drive home to Atlanta.

Forgive the lighting in these photos. I had practically no natural light to work with. ::sigh:: 

This may be one of my most favorite pictures ever.
Lily will see just how much her great grandpa loves her when she looks at it in the future.
Playing
A visit home just wouldn't be complete without music
Three generations (we'll get more pictures up in Ohio with four generations) 

Comments

Popular Posts