We didn't make it to the event last night because my little sweetheart was so sick. :( They have the event monthly though, so we're planning to go to the next one in May - which will be a week before my actual first appointment.
I've had little waves of queasiness, but the tiredness seems to be letting up somewhat. Ethan's doing a good job of making sure I eat dinner - tonight we had stuffed chicken breasts and rice. I have NOT been in the mood for salads or vegetables though. Not sure why... I don't feel sick when I think about eating them but I have zero desire to do so...so I'm not going to. :) We watched an episode of "A Baby Story" on TLC tonight which was actually pretty funny... the mother had a lot of the same goals that I do, and the dad was laid back like Ethan is. The show doesn't scare me at all... half the time I'm laughing my head off at the clueless first time parents, and the other half of the time I'm just fascinated by the whole process. I'm definitely more interested in the episodes where the mothers choose to labor and deliver without drugs. Those moms rock! I have a lot of respect for moms who recognize that their bodies were designed to give birth and don't cop out and make delivery harder on their baby and body with drugs. **disclaimer** I understand that a small percentage of women DO need medical intervention. I'm not talking about the ones who don't and just chicken out because they don't want to withstand the pain.
Tomorrow I'm 5 weeks pregnant! 10 more weeks to go before I can let my family in on the news! Exciting stuff!
I've had little waves of queasiness, but the tiredness seems to be letting up somewhat. Ethan's doing a good job of making sure I eat dinner - tonight we had stuffed chicken breasts and rice. I have NOT been in the mood for salads or vegetables though. Not sure why... I don't feel sick when I think about eating them but I have zero desire to do so...so I'm not going to. :) We watched an episode of "A Baby Story" on TLC tonight which was actually pretty funny... the mother had a lot of the same goals that I do, and the dad was laid back like Ethan is. The show doesn't scare me at all... half the time I'm laughing my head off at the clueless first time parents, and the other half of the time I'm just fascinated by the whole process. I'm definitely more interested in the episodes where the mothers choose to labor and deliver without drugs. Those moms rock! I have a lot of respect for moms who recognize that their bodies were designed to give birth and don't cop out and make delivery harder on their baby and body with drugs. **disclaimer** I understand that a small percentage of women DO need medical intervention. I'm not talking about the ones who don't and just chicken out because they don't want to withstand the pain.
Tomorrow I'm 5 weeks pregnant! 10 more weeks to go before I can let my family in on the news! Exciting stuff!

Comments