Bellies to Babies

Today was a really fun day. I decided to attend a baby fair in Oakhurst called "Bellies to Babies". I would definitely recommend this baby fair to ANYONE in the Atlanta area that is expecting as it was quite a lot of fun, with a lot of information available, and full of friendly people who really just love mamas to be and babies! I went towards the very end, but I will definitely attend the next fair in the late summer so that I can get even more information.

Okay, I confess. The reason I went is because I was hoping that there would be a cloth diaper information table... and sure enough, it was the first table as I went inside! The person running the table had FIVE children, so she was extremely knowledgeable on cloth diapering. She patiently answered about a billion of my questions, and I left knowing without a doubt that cloth diapering is the right choice for us. I had done a lot of research previously, and had a good idea of which cloth diapers I wanted to purchase but wanted to get one in my hands and actually see how it worked. She highly recommended the exact diapers and diaper covers that I was considering (Thirsties), so we're definitely going with Thirsties diaper covers, Indian cotton pre-folds, and a few fitted diapers for people who won't be comfortable fashioning a diaper out of a pre-fold. In my current job, I see how much money is spent on diapers and wipes every month, and it's not something I want to pay. I love that I can diaper my child through potty training for a fraction of the cost - AND I can use the diapers on successive children, and then actually sell them when I'm finished with them. There's a huge market out there for used cloth diapers and covers.

I came home from the baby fair armed with all of my information and excitedly shared it with Ethan. He (as always) was supportive of whatever I decided, but after hearing even more about cloth diapering and seeing how excited I was about it, he was on board with it. I think he's a little overwhelmed at the prospect of learning to use cloth, but I know my husband...he'll be a diaper whiz with custom folds in about two days flat. He has already changed so many regular diapers on tiny newborns through toddler age, so he's an old pro!

Speaking of Ethan, can I just brag on him a little? He's going to be the most amazing father. Really. He's so involved, nothing is "beneath" him, he doesn't consider anything "the woman's job", and he's just a solid rock of support. My children that I care for now really love and trust him, and they go running to him when they see him. If too much time goes by without seeing him, they start asking about him. He is gentle, but firm, and is able to effectively communicate with children in a way that makes them feel safe and loved. I can't wait to see Ethan as a daddy to our little one. It's a role he was born for.

Comments

Popular Posts