Acupuncture is still working....SIX weeks today!
So, I'm pleased to report that the acupuncture is still working! I still have some waves of nausea during the day but they're mild and nothing that I can't breathe through. Sucking on Jolly Ranchers also helps, especially the tarter flavors. I came home from work today at 5, had a small bowl of cereal and then set to work cleaning and organizing the house...folding and putting away laundry, etc. Things that I haven't even been able to consider doing this past week after 5:30. It's amazing! I am SO happy and relieved for a reprieve from the awful evening nausea... I don't feel like a weak or helpless person anymore. Just goes to show that sometimes trying new things just might be the solution to whatever your problem is.
In other news, my grandmother (mom's mom) is not doing well. She had pancreatic cancer that was diagnosed in November 2009 due to a tumor cutting off her bile duct, which landed her in the hospital. They were able to put a stent into the bile duct to reopen it, and she had chemo and radiation and miraculously beat the odds. We all knew that there was a chance of it coming back... and it did come back this past week. The tumor actually dislodged the stent, causing her to suffer from internal bleeding, and she's in the ICU in critical condition. I am so, so, so sad for her to be going through this, and for my grandfather. I selfishly also want her to be around to be a great grandmother to our baby, but not if she's going to be in pain and have a low quality of life. I also can't tell her that I'm pregnant because I'm only 6 weeks today, and we really wanted to wait until we got to 15 weeks to tell our family members. I've been crying about it, but trying not to let myself get too worked up because I know that can't possibly be good for me. Ethan, as usual, has been my rock...asking if I need anything, and telling me to get on the first plane to Florida if I feel like I need to do that. We'll see what happens... I'm still waiting for word from my parents.
In other news, my grandmother (mom's mom) is not doing well. She had pancreatic cancer that was diagnosed in November 2009 due to a tumor cutting off her bile duct, which landed her in the hospital. They were able to put a stent into the bile duct to reopen it, and she had chemo and radiation and miraculously beat the odds. We all knew that there was a chance of it coming back... and it did come back this past week. The tumor actually dislodged the stent, causing her to suffer from internal bleeding, and she's in the ICU in critical condition. I am so, so, so sad for her to be going through this, and for my grandfather. I selfishly also want her to be around to be a great grandmother to our baby, but not if she's going to be in pain and have a low quality of life. I also can't tell her that I'm pregnant because I'm only 6 weeks today, and we really wanted to wait until we got to 15 weeks to tell our family members. I've been crying about it, but trying not to let myself get too worked up because I know that can't possibly be good for me. Ethan, as usual, has been my rock...asking if I need anything, and telling me to get on the first plane to Florida if I feel like I need to do that. We'll see what happens... I'm still waiting for word from my parents.

Comments