Noodles and Hot Fudge Sundaes
So, tonight when I got home from work (yes, I had to work this weekend....never again) Ethan and I decided to head to Noodle Decatur to check it out since they were listed on our Scoutmob application. We like Scoutmob since it lets us have date nights at 50% off. What's not to love? :) After dinner, I wanted frozen yogurt, but The Yogurt Tap only had lemon left... neither of us were feeling that, so we decided on McDonald's hot fudge sundaes.
Now.
When you think of a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's, you think of a perfectly shaped cone of ice cream in a plastic cup drenched in thick, gooey, and HOT fudge.
Not a barely even filled plastic cup with about two teaspoons of cold Hershey's syrup drizzled on top.
This pregnant lady, as Ethan put it, flipped her lid. My poor husband listened to me rant for about a minute (note: there was no crying involved, thank you very much) about how pathetic the sundae was and how it was false advertising and how I wanted our money back. The entire dollar we spent on it. He took the sundae without a word, walked back into the McDonald's, and asked for a refund, which was promptly issued.
Then we went to Kroger and picked up a half gallon of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Upon opening at it home I gasped loudly and said, "TAKE IT BACK!"
Juuuuust kiddin'. It was delicious. (and it made Ethan laugh and reminded him that I still have a sense of humor, even if I made a really big deal over a $1 sundae) I still don't think it was THAT big of a deal... anyone who knows me is aware of how serious I am when it comes to ice cream!
Now.
When you think of a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's, you think of a perfectly shaped cone of ice cream in a plastic cup drenched in thick, gooey, and HOT fudge.
Not a barely even filled plastic cup with about two teaspoons of cold Hershey's syrup drizzled on top.
This pregnant lady, as Ethan put it, flipped her lid. My poor husband listened to me rant for about a minute (note: there was no crying involved, thank you very much) about how pathetic the sundae was and how it was false advertising and how I wanted our money back. The entire dollar we spent on it. He took the sundae without a word, walked back into the McDonald's, and asked for a refund, which was promptly issued.
Then we went to Kroger and picked up a half gallon of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Upon opening at it home I gasped loudly and said, "TAKE IT BACK!"
Juuuuust kiddin'. It was delicious. (and it made Ethan laugh and reminded him that I still have a sense of humor, even if I made a really big deal over a $1 sundae) I still don't think it was THAT big of a deal... anyone who knows me is aware of how serious I am when it comes to ice cream!

Comments