23 months old
The biggest news obviously is that Lily is no longer an only child and is a big sister. I think it is so awesome that she and Violet are 22.5 months apart and am loving having two under two! It's what I always wanted, so I'm thankful it worked out that way. :) We will not be shooting for three under three though, due to not wanting to risk being unable to nurse Violet to at least one year of age (pregnancy can do away with your milk supply).
Lily's current favorite toy is her kitchen and play food/cooking utensils. She has lots of fun seasoning things with her salt and pepper, mixing, stirring, tasting, and then serving us her creation. We always tell her it's delicious. ;)
Lily is nursing 3-5 times per day as per her usual pattern and is LOVING the abundance of milk. I enjoy our time nursing as well since it's time that she and I have together without Violet. I nurse her alone in the mornings, at naptime, and before bed - and if she nurses any other times it's usually tandem on the side Violet isn't nursing on. Breakfast foods continue to be her favorite - this girl LOVES sausage and eggs.
We have 14 teeth now, as her two bottom teeth have broken through. You can't really see them though unless you look in her mouth. The two top ones are working their way out as well - you can see the white points on her gums where they'll be breaking through any day now.
I am not even going to try and list everything in her vocabulary. Just take last month's list and double or triple it, and that should work. She's putting two and three word sentences together and becoming even more clear with words - and shocking us with words she knows that we weren't aware she knew.... like coffee. She's also naming colors correctly - but it's funny because she'll tell us what the color of the object she's holding is or what color our shirt is (and is always correct) but if we try to quiz her, she ignores us and finds something else to do. She does it on her terms.
Physically, she likes to run everywhere she goes now. We've had some tripping as a result but fortunately no major injuries. She's learning to slow down.
The random puking I mentioned last month has pretty much stopped.... hopefully it stays away. We have noticed that if she eats too much too fast (doesn't chew her food and just swallows it and shovels it down) that it tends to happen (probably from trapped air) so we just make sure she chews and swallows and slow her down if we have to. She's just so busy living life that she doesn't want to have to slow down much!
I am amazed at how quickly time has passed and that Lily is going to be TWO years old in a month. I knew it would fly by... it has been so much fun. There have been so many adventures and so much joy. I couldn't be prouder to be Lily's mama!


Comments