If you haven't already,
put your guess in for Baby Ridge 2.0! I had to change my EDD to November 1 because they automatically close the pool at 39 weeks. While November 1st is definitely within the realm of possibility.... please, no.....
So, today I reached the point that was my goal with Lily (but she busted on out at 38w2d anyway) and that was also my goal for this pregnancy. So I'm fine with Baby Ridge 2.0 coming out any time they decide to. I've been experiencing bouts of prodromal labor since last week (which is why a 38 week picture was not taken or posted since that day I was dealing with what I thought might be the real deal but obviously ended up not being it). Fortunately, last night was my first real break I've had from the prodromal labor and I slept beautifully for 11 straight hours. It was SO nice and I woke up rested and refreshed this morning. Ethan plans to have me sleep in as much as I can this week too since I don't want to go into labor tired when it does happen! It was definitely a tiring week for me because Ethan was gone a LOT at work, and I was having some difficult sleeping during the contractions I was having at night. I know prodromal labor is extremely normal for babies after the first one, but it's still not tons of fun to experience especially when you just want to sleep! :) Other than that though, I'm feeling pretty good and am just trucking along taking each day as it comes. If I make it to 40 weeks, I am going to have a lot of fun laughing at all the people who told me this baby was "definitely coming early". It'll be MY turn to say "Told you you can't predict when babies come just by if a mother has dropped or looks tired!" (PS: of course I look tired. Have you met my tiny tornado?)
 |
| 39 weeks! |
 |
| Big sister wanted in the pictures too |
One of the things that I "missed out" on with Lily was getting to try the natural induction legend of
Scalini's eggplant parmesan. Since I made it to 39 weeks, and since I know that natural induction attempts simply won't work unless your body is actually ready, we drove up to Smyrna and had dinner there. It was hilarious to see how many other pregnant women there were in the place! I felt so bad for some of them... some were clearly so uncomfortable and I wasn't sure how they could even stand up without falling over!
 |
| Scalini's eggplant parmesan: I ate every bite |
I'm not even a fan of eggplant, but this was absolutely delicious. I would go back and eat it again not pregnant - it was that good. It had ricotta cheese in between the layers which made it even more delicious to me since I LOVE ricotta cheese. So, if we have a baby in the next 48 hours, Baby Ridge 2.0 will get a onesie from Scalini's, and we'll get a $25 gift card to eat there again. The baby wall was a lot of fun to look at - Lily was going nuts looking at all the pictures of babies and trying to hug several of them. It was definitely a fun family outing that will be fun to look back on, even though neither of us actually believe it will "work". ;)
Comments