Update post

Things have been so busy with work this past week and a half! My agency has 4 families (all with the last 10 days!) we're currently working with, so a lot of my time has been taken up with that when Lily is asleep....doesn't leave a whole lot of time for blogging. I'm really excited that business is doing so well and looking forward to finding the perfect nannies for these families though, so no complaints here.

We had a great weekend together as a family with lots of time together and tried a new pizza place close by tonight called Amazzo's. It was AWESOME - Lily absolutely loved their meatball platter as well as their pizza. She was fascinated watching our pizza being made, and everyone there was so interactive with her. She rewarded them with her signature Lily scrunchy smile face. We'll just say she had lots of adoring fans by the time we finished our meal. :)

This past weekend Emily and I were registered to run our 2nd 5k.... but the Atlanta Women's 5k was cancelled due to lightning storms. If it had just been raining, they would have held the race anyway but due to the lightning it was too dangerous. We tried! Actually, Emily tried... Ethan knew it was going to be cancelled when he saw the lightning and heard thunder so he didn't bother waking me up. Emily got up at the crack of dawn and stood out in the rain until they officially announced the cancellation. So she definitely wins more trooper points than me... since I was snuggled up sleeping in my nice and warm bed. Not going to lie... I'm glad I didn't go down there with Lily in the freezing cold rain just to hear "Sorry, it's cancelled." They can't reschedule due to the complexity of permits and the number of registrants, so hopefully we can run it next year. I still got my t-shirt and race bib. We're thinking about running the course once the weather warms up to "earn" it. Haha.

Lily is SO into reading books right now. Her most favorite one is "Goodnight, Gorilla" which happens to be one of my favorite ones too.... mainly because it's mostly pictures and you can vary up what you say for each page. Ethan took me by surprise by quizzing me on the book... he asked me the zookeeper's name. Apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention to his name badge. I know his name now...and will probably know it as long as I live. Haha.

Lily is also trying to say a lot of words lately... it's so funny watching her try to figure out how to move her mouth to say them! She's been saying "Please" when prompted... which sounds like "Peas", of course. But she's so cute when she says it because she flashes the BIGGEST smile after she says it.

The weather here in Atlanta has been RIDICULOUS. March is definitely living up to the  whole "in like a lion, out like a lamb" theme. It has been FREEZING cold every morning and doesn't warm up much. Supposedly once we hit April we'll make our way back up to the 70's again. I'm so ready... I'm so sick of wearing cold weather clothes and ready to get back into cute shorts, tank tops, and dresses....and flip flops! Really hoping that April proves to be warmer and sunnier than March....

Comments

Popular Posts