16 Months

Forget looking at the camera this month.
I had to put her on top of her toy stove just to get a picture so she couldn't escape!
At 16 months old.... or 1 1/3 years... Lily can run, and often does. :) She is constantly on the go and never stops. It's fun to watch Ethan chase after her when we're out and about since he's often exhausted when we get home. Haha. Since I run after her the rest of the time, I figure it's only fair he gets a turn! ;)

She is saying "Please", "Open", "All done", "All clean", "Milk" (when she wants to nurse), "Hi", "Bye", "Thank you", the animal noises for sheep, pig, cow, bird, frog, and dog. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. 

Her current favorite toys are BOOKS. She looooooooves to sit and read and will bring you book after book. She points and chats and  reacts to the pictures. The books she brings us the most often are "Goodnight, Gorilla" and her alphabet book that Grandma Ginger made just for her. 

Lily continues to nurse about 3-5 times per day (when she wants it, she gets it) and is eating three meals of solid foods as well.  Her current favorite foods are ham and cheese sandwiches, and bagels with cream cheese! She still loves to eat our morning cereal with us. :) Actually, she just wants to eat whatever we're eating...and for the most part we share. 

Lily sleeps from 7 /7:30 PM -8 AM every night. No night waking this past month... She's now napping from 10:30-12:30 and then again from 3-4. I'd love to transition to one nap by June but I'll let her lead... and she's happiest with the two nap schedule, so two naps it is! 

She is in 18-24 month/2T, and some 3T sizes for clothes, depending on the brand.  She wears a size 5 shoe at this point and loves to wear shoes even over her footed pajamas. 

Lily still has eight teeth - four top and two bottom middle, and the two next to her middle bottom. Her bottom gums where her molars are have been pretty swollen, so who knows if those will come out soon?

Still a total mama's girl. If Ethan gets her in the morning he has to be sure she doesn't see me before he changes her diaper or it's game over... she will scream and cry until she is in my arms. I don't mind. It's not all just love for her mama though... when Ethan leaves for work, sometimes she cries like the worst thing EVER just happened when she doesn't get to go out the door with him.

Comments

Popular Posts