Friends and shopping
Yesterday morning I headed to Sugarcoat for some me time and picked O.P.I.'s Flamenco Pink for my polish. Love it. Ethan and I spent most of the day together hanging out before Lily and I left to get Mo.
After work, I drove to one of my former employers' houses. This family was totally awesome and I really loved the boys. I left in large part due to the schedule interfering with my ability to spend time with Ethan, but stay in touch with them - and Mo goes to their school, so I see them frequently. The three boys are amazing kids, and they actually made me be okay with having a boy someday. (Symmes, of course, later sealed that) Before the S family, I wasn't so sure about boys (like I have a choice in the matter!) - but they are AWESOME kids. When I left the employ of S family, my replacement was Heather, and she and I became friends. We also had babies 9 weeks apart, and she was babysitting the boys along with baby Vivien. I had met Vivien once at 8 weeks old, so I was excited to see Heather, Vivien (who just turned 8 months old), and my former charges.
It was such a fun visit...Vivien is so cute and smiley, and is crawling around, clapping, and quite active. She was fascinated by Lily and the two of them kept trying to grab each other. It is so wild to see friends with children just a couple of months older since it's really a preview of what's coming....like a runaway train down the tracks!
Today was a day off for me due to Mo's piano recital, and I guess Lily knew it because she decided to go on a nap strike today. I was pleasantly surprised that she stayed super happy and did not fuss....the child was awake for hours. I put her in the crib to take a nap, but nope. She stayed awake and entertained herself with her hands and by doing pushups, but didn't cry. I really hope this is short lived for her sake, since she needs the sleep for optimal rest and brain development. I know she has a lot going on developmentally right now and it's normal to not sleep as well, but here's hoping it lasts a week instead of longer or I'll have to do some hardcore sleep training to get her back on track. I did get her to take a 45 minute nap in the afternoon, and then decided to chuck our regular schedule for the day.
We headed up to Buckhead to meet Emily and Carter for frozen yogurt at Menchies, and then hit up Old Navy and Gap to check out the Memorial Day sales. I found a few cute things for me as well, so that was fun. I'm officially back in almost all of my clothes, thank goodness. I find it pretty funny how my shopping has changed....my main priority is for my clothes to look cute, but secondary and equal to that is that it must allow easy access for nursing. Fighting with a top and clips while your child is frantic, pawing at you, and about to scream their head off in protest because you aren't doing it fast enough... which would attract the attention of every single person in the area is really not recommended. Anyway, my goal was to be back in my clothes by 6 months postpartum. I still have some work to do, but I'm not overly concerned about it. I am aware that breastfeeding can cause those last few pounds to stay on until I'm no longer nursing. Ultimately, our breastfeeding relationship is way more important to me than being a certain size or seeing a specific number on the scale. Obviously, my priorities have changed for this season of nursing. I'm more than okay with this. And yes, I'm "mom enough"....you'll know what I mean by that if you've kept up with the news.
Lily has officially outgrown all but one of her 6 month sleepers, so my main goal today was to find new ones for her in the right size. I opted for pant and shirt sets because they'll fit longer since there aren't closed feet on them, which was the main issue with the sleepers. Want to know what size she's in? 12-18 months. Yep. I kid you not. That's just length wise, but fortunately most of the clothes in the 12 month size and up aren't TOO big on her circumference wise. She still fits in most of her regular clothes in 6 and 9 month sizes though! After nursing her in a fitting room, we headed over to the Gap at the mall. Lily promptly fell asleep in the car literally as soon as I started it. I drove across the street to the mall, popped her in the Ergo carrier and put up the sleeping hood. She never woke up while we were in the mall, so she got an hour long nap, and I got a workout. (If you don't believe me, I would like to personally invite you to wear my child while walking in the mall for an hour) A lot of people stopped me to ask about the Ergo, but that's the norm, so I'm used to it. I'm sure it looks hilarious with little baby feet sticking out the sides!
Gap was having a 40% off clearance prices sale so I snapped up some cute little dresses and onesies that will fit her at the end of the summer/early fall for less than $5 a pop. It's nice living in Atlanta since the temperatures pretty much stay warm through October.
After leaving the mall, Ethan and I met up at Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Lily was very intent on playing with her firefly Lamaze stroller toy (hands down one of the best developmental toys I have ever seen for babies!), so Ethan and I had some good conversation over dinner. It's really great being able to have a meal together whenever we want to for the most part. We always spend tons of time together right before the weekend starts since we really don't see him much Friday through Sunday. This weekend is Memorial Day weekend so it's pretty much a given that things will be insane for him at work. Lily and I don't have any plans other than babysitting my Greek kids on Saturday night. My parents had planned on coming this weekend, but unfortunately my mom is sick with a cold. :( I was really looking forward to seeing them, but we will survive. Hopefully they'll be able to reschedule before leaving for Ohio for the summer!
After work, I drove to one of my former employers' houses. This family was totally awesome and I really loved the boys. I left in large part due to the schedule interfering with my ability to spend time with Ethan, but stay in touch with them - and Mo goes to their school, so I see them frequently. The three boys are amazing kids, and they actually made me be okay with having a boy someday. (Symmes, of course, later sealed that) Before the S family, I wasn't so sure about boys (like I have a choice in the matter!) - but they are AWESOME kids. When I left the employ of S family, my replacement was Heather, and she and I became friends. We also had babies 9 weeks apart, and she was babysitting the boys along with baby Vivien. I had met Vivien once at 8 weeks old, so I was excited to see Heather, Vivien (who just turned 8 months old), and my former charges.
It was such a fun visit...Vivien is so cute and smiley, and is crawling around, clapping, and quite active. She was fascinated by Lily and the two of them kept trying to grab each other. It is so wild to see friends with children just a couple of months older since it's really a preview of what's coming....like a runaway train down the tracks!
![]() |
| Heather and I with our girls (who were too busy looking at each other to look at the cameraphone) |
We headed up to Buckhead to meet Emily and Carter for frozen yogurt at Menchies, and then hit up Old Navy and Gap to check out the Memorial Day sales. I found a few cute things for me as well, so that was fun. I'm officially back in almost all of my clothes, thank goodness. I find it pretty funny how my shopping has changed....my main priority is for my clothes to look cute, but secondary and equal to that is that it must allow easy access for nursing. Fighting with a top and clips while your child is frantic, pawing at you, and about to scream their head off in protest because you aren't doing it fast enough... which would attract the attention of every single person in the area is really not recommended. Anyway, my goal was to be back in my clothes by 6 months postpartum. I still have some work to do, but I'm not overly concerned about it. I am aware that breastfeeding can cause those last few pounds to stay on until I'm no longer nursing. Ultimately, our breastfeeding relationship is way more important to me than being a certain size or seeing a specific number on the scale. Obviously, my priorities have changed for this season of nursing. I'm more than okay with this. And yes, I'm "mom enough"....you'll know what I mean by that if you've kept up with the news.
Lily has officially outgrown all but one of her 6 month sleepers, so my main goal today was to find new ones for her in the right size. I opted for pant and shirt sets because they'll fit longer since there aren't closed feet on them, which was the main issue with the sleepers. Want to know what size she's in? 12-18 months. Yep. I kid you not. That's just length wise, but fortunately most of the clothes in the 12 month size and up aren't TOO big on her circumference wise. She still fits in most of her regular clothes in 6 and 9 month sizes though! After nursing her in a fitting room, we headed over to the Gap at the mall. Lily promptly fell asleep in the car literally as soon as I started it. I drove across the street to the mall, popped her in the Ergo carrier and put up the sleeping hood. She never woke up while we were in the mall, so she got an hour long nap, and I got a workout. (If you don't believe me, I would like to personally invite you to wear my child while walking in the mall for an hour) A lot of people stopped me to ask about the Ergo, but that's the norm, so I'm used to it. I'm sure it looks hilarious with little baby feet sticking out the sides!
Gap was having a 40% off clearance prices sale so I snapped up some cute little dresses and onesies that will fit her at the end of the summer/early fall for less than $5 a pop. It's nice living in Atlanta since the temperatures pretty much stay warm through October.
After leaving the mall, Ethan and I met up at Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Lily was very intent on playing with her firefly Lamaze stroller toy (hands down one of the best developmental toys I have ever seen for babies!), so Ethan and I had some good conversation over dinner. It's really great being able to have a meal together whenever we want to for the most part. We always spend tons of time together right before the weekend starts since we really don't see him much Friday through Sunday. This weekend is Memorial Day weekend so it's pretty much a given that things will be insane for him at work. Lily and I don't have any plans other than babysitting my Greek kids on Saturday night. My parents had planned on coming this weekend, but unfortunately my mom is sick with a cold. :( I was really looking forward to seeing them, but we will survive. Hopefully they'll be able to reschedule before leaving for Ohio for the summer!


Comments