Beach baby
After three days of looking online until my head was literally spinning and a whole bunch of phone calls later, I was feeling pretty discouraged about finding a vacation rental for us... everything good was already booked or way too big for us...we do not need a 4 bedroom house. Apparently the week we're going is the most popular week out of the summer to go! We weren't able to book in advance because neither of us knew what our schedules were going to be like, and Ethan had to wait on department approval for the days off. Our requirements: (a) beachfront (b) high enough for a great ocean view (c) non-cheesy decor (d) swimming pools (e) beach service. We're just a little picky and we quit messing with dragging chairs and umbrellas down to the beach a long time ago. Let someone else do the work. ;) We LOVE the Destin area, and when we go down there we typically stay in a condo rather than a house.
After regrouping and telling myself that there had to be something out there....I decided to expand the search and look on different rental sites other than vrbo.com, and I found the perfect rental at homeaway.com. I immediately contacted the owner. The owner responded within the hour letting me know that it was available....and at the perfect rate! The decor is not awful and cheesy "beach" decor (gag) and the reviews from previous guests were all stellar. It even has a king sized bed, which we're thrilled about - AND has a kiddie pool in addition to 2 large pools, and a fitness center. There's a washer/dryer in the unit, so we'll be able to cloth diaper while we're at the beach, and it's really close to a lot of the things we normally do in Destin. Seafood dinners every night...yum, yum. I cannot wait! We'll all be at the beach as a family in the morning, and then Ethan and I will switch off during naps since I doubt she'll nap on the beach. In the late afternoon/early evening we'll hit the beach again as a family. It will be awesome to have just the three of us alone for a week. So excited to see our girl playing in the sand. She's already starting to sit up for longer periods of time now, so she'll be able to play at the water's edge.
Lily and I had dinner with Ethan after work. We let her taste some pesto sauce, and her reaction was cute. I have no problem with letting her lick and taste different foods at this point in time since she's not ingesting anything. We set up her high chair and she spent some time sitting in it today. I gave her a spoon to play with and she had a lot of fun chewing on it. I was impressed that she picked up the spoon and put it into her mouth on her own with no help from me. Haha. I also gave her an unpeeled clementine to play with as well. She wasn't too interested in that. Just getting her ready for July when we'll probably put actual food on her tray for her to explore!
In other developmental news: Lily is now saying "Ma-ma". She only says this when she's on the changing table and I'm changing her, and only when she has eye contact with me. It's interesting because she only says "Ma-ma". Not Mamamamamamama. Just twice. It's awfully young, but who knows? Maybe she's making a connection. Only she knows the answer to that one though!
After regrouping and telling myself that there had to be something out there....I decided to expand the search and look on different rental sites other than vrbo.com, and I found the perfect rental at homeaway.com. I immediately contacted the owner. The owner responded within the hour letting me know that it was available....and at the perfect rate! The decor is not awful and cheesy "beach" decor (gag) and the reviews from previous guests were all stellar. It even has a king sized bed, which we're thrilled about - AND has a kiddie pool in addition to 2 large pools, and a fitness center. There's a washer/dryer in the unit, so we'll be able to cloth diaper while we're at the beach, and it's really close to a lot of the things we normally do in Destin. Seafood dinners every night...yum, yum. I cannot wait! We'll all be at the beach as a family in the morning, and then Ethan and I will switch off during naps since I doubt she'll nap on the beach. In the late afternoon/early evening we'll hit the beach again as a family. It will be awesome to have just the three of us alone for a week. So excited to see our girl playing in the sand. She's already starting to sit up for longer periods of time now, so she'll be able to play at the water's edge.
Lily and I had dinner with Ethan after work. We let her taste some pesto sauce, and her reaction was cute. I have no problem with letting her lick and taste different foods at this point in time since she's not ingesting anything. We set up her high chair and she spent some time sitting in it today. I gave her a spoon to play with and she had a lot of fun chewing on it. I was impressed that she picked up the spoon and put it into her mouth on her own with no help from me. Haha. I also gave her an unpeeled clementine to play with as well. She wasn't too interested in that. Just getting her ready for July when we'll probably put actual food on her tray for her to explore!
In other developmental news: Lily is now saying "Ma-ma". She only says this when she's on the changing table and I'm changing her, and only when she has eye contact with me. It's interesting because she only says "Ma-ma". Not Mamamamamamama. Just twice. It's awfully young, but who knows? Maybe she's making a connection. Only she knows the answer to that one though!

Comments