37 Weeks!
I'm 37 weeks today, and officially considered "full term", although I'm hoping for at least another 2 weeks! We spent time in Charlotte this past week with family (which was absolutely wonderful) and got home last night around 11 PM - I will admit that I was a little bit nervous being 4 hours away from Atlanta, especially on Thursday evening when I started having contractions every 20-30 minutes for a few hours. I knew it probably wasn't labor, but due to my maternity photoshoot in which I just overdid it. It just didn't feel like labor contractions to me, but I sure was glad when they finally did stop! I haven't had any since then, and took it easy the rest of the weekend. My birth team is here in Atlanta, and I really didn't want to deliver in North Carolina for a host of reasons but mainly because the care there just isn't what I can get here in Atlanta as far as my preferences for laboring and delivery go. Fortunately, baby stayed put and I'm back here... so now it's just wait and see when baby decides to make their appearance.
I'm also pleased to report that my SPD pelvic pain has greatly decreased and isn't bothering me very much anymore as long as I take my nightly hour long hot bubble bath. I'm feeling "large and in charge" though - I'm definitely the biggest I have ever been, so for me it's definitely new. My rings and shoes are still fitting so I hope that continues, and I have yet to develop cankles (a major fear of mine when pregnant with Lily, haha). While I'm enjoying it, I will be the first to admit that I'm looking forward to getting my body back to myself so I can wear all my cute fall and winter clothes again! My maternity wardrobe is awesome but you can only wear things so many times before you start getting sick of them and I have definitely reached that point with some of my outfits. First world problem, for sure.
Aside from that, we are just getting so excited to meet this new little person and welcome them to our family! I can't wait to see their little face for the first time and have them in my arms, and introduce them to Lily. It's been such a wonderful time for our little family, and I know we just have so much more joy to look forward to.


Comments