36 week checkup

So,  I went in for my 36 week visit today and learned that they now do their GBS testing at 37 weeks, which I'm happy about. I would much rather have it done as late in the game as possible - even though whatever the result is may change by delivery. It's more informational than anything else since I won't accept IV antibiotics even if I test positive, but we would want to know so we could observe baby closely.

Baby has also moved from the occupit posterior position to the perfect position for birth, which is awesome. Oh, and has NOT dropped, thank you very much. I think my midwife would know from her palpations better than someone observing from the outside where the baby actually is. So, it seems all the long baths and exercises have made quite a difference in getting baby to move over, and as a result the pelvic discomfort has greatly improved in the last couple of days. I'm still not going to be able to go out and run a 5K, but hey - I'll take whatever improvements come my way. Besides, what girl is going to argue with a prescription for a daily bubble bath? Not this one.

Next appointment is October 1st!


Comments

Popular Posts