I know it's been almost two weeks since my last post, but I have a good reason! The day after my last post, Lily got sick with my cold. I guess we did pretty well for making it 14.5 months sickness free for her! The cold lasted TWO WEEKS for me. Worst cold EVER ... the symptoms kept changing on me, and due to breastfeeding there was nothing I could take for it. It was truly a wait it out scenario. I am SUPER glad that we're still breastfeeding though especially since Lily nursed constantly the entire time she was sick. I didn't have to worry about her calories or hydration since I knew she was getting what she needed from me AND also the comfort of nursing as well. Plus, being as sick as I was too, we were able to get a lot of quiet time on the couch or in bed with her nursing and me sleeping.
On Valentine's Day, she woke up sobbing (very unusual, and Ethan immediately went to her) and I took her temperature which clocked in at 102.6. Not too bad (remember: this not my first rodeo with sick kids, and honestly... 100 isn't that different from 102). After nursing her and stripping her down to nothing but a diaper she seemed to be somewhat more comfortable and her fever came down on its own. I really try to avoid giving her anything unless I need to since fevers have their own purpose. I did end up dosing her with Tylenol later when her temperature spiked again and made her too uncomfortable to sleep well.
 |
| The first indicator she reallllly wasn't feeling good. :( |
After Thursday was over, she seemed to rebound and acted totally fine on Friday for the most part. Saturday she seemed to be doing okay, and then Sunday was even sicker than Thursday. :(
 |
She sat on the couch or in my lap pitifully clutching her cup. The worst part about sick kids is that they don't understand why they feel so bad. :( |
 |
| Note the roll of toilet paper I'm sitting on: both of us could have bought stock in Charmin with all the nose blowing. |
After Sunday, the worst was over, and she's gotten progressively better and less snotty... and like millions before us... we survived. :)
Comments
STAY WELL!!!