15 Months

I didn't forget to write this! I forgot to publish it. So... I predated to the actual date of her 15 months. The photos were taken by my dad during a snow shower in Charlotte, which was Lily's first experience with snow!  :) I have soooooo much to catch everyone up on and hope to find the time to do that this weekend.

15 months! (and a couple days, to be accurate)

At 15 months old, Lily is a full time walker, can climb up on pretty much anything (including her play kitchen) and we have to make sure chairs are pushed in or she's up like a flash. During our visit with Gramie and Grandpa, her Grandpa forgot to push in his chair one day, and he looked over to see her madly typing on his laptop. Haha. She went to full time walking in mere DAYS after my last monthly update. As I've said before, I'm not surprised... once she masters a skill and is confident she pretty much takes off. Running is something she's mastering now. She likes to employ this when trying to avoid bedtime. It doesn't work, but she hasn't figured this out yet. ;) 

Lily hasn't really added new words to her vocabulary, but has attempted to say "Grandpa" and "baby" (from her Indestructible books) and will attempt to repeat words. I know this next month is the typical time for the "verbal explosion" so we'll see what happens! She's always been a chatterbox and she sounds like she's saying things sometimes.

"So, this snow is pretty interesting, don't you think?"
She will point to her hair, head, bellybutton, nose, ears, fingers, hands, toes, teeth, and mouth when you ask where they are. She'll also point to yours. If you ask "Where's Lily?", she pats herself. She'll point to Ethan if you ask where daddy is, and to me if you ask where mama is.  If I ask to wipe her hands, she will put them out for me. If we say "Are you leaving?" she'll wave goodbye. If I call out "Ethan!" she pipes up with a "Daddy!" She is blowing kisses as well when someone says goodbye to her. She understands "Outside" and runs for the door when she hears this word. She looooooves to go for walks - not as a stroller passenger, but an actual walker. 


Loving on the rabbit
Her current favorite toys are her play food and pots and pans. She really likes to pretend to cook and then give us "bites" of things. She arranges her food inside the cupboards and moves it around, and also recognizes several of her fruits and will bring them to us. 

As I've said before, Lily has my eyes, and I think that's here to stay. Her hair is still blondish brown and appears that it will NOT be curly, which we are happy about. She is becoming more tolerant of hair bows. If she's busy and occupied they stay in... if she's in the carseat and sees it in the mirror, out it comes.  More and more people think she looks just like me. At our last pediatrician visit the nurses were all in agreement that I was "winning" on "Who does Lily look more like?" I think so too... look at this photo to see what I mean. Ethan tells everyone that Lily is pretty like her mommy and he had nothing to do with it. Haha. I'll take it. I am more than happy to have a little girl who clearly looks like she's mine!


Lily continues to nurse about 4-5 times per day and is eating three meals of solid foods as well.  Her current favorite foods are peanut butter crackers, bananas, and her daddy's ham and cheese melts.  She still prefers to feed herself with her fork or spoon though and is pretty good at it! She has mastered feeding herself from the bowl. She has ditched her baby silverware, and uses what we use... works for me, less stuff to have cluttering up the house! Next up will be smaller containers.... like her yogurt, but I'm not in a rush to do that just yet.  

Lily sleeps from 7 PM to 7:30-8 AM every night. She's pretty much stopped waking at night altogether for that rare snack. She's napping for two naps per day - usually 10-11:30 AM and then 2-3:30 PM. Sometimes she naps for two hours in the morning and then skips the afternoon nap... usually that just means she's in bed by 6:30. 

She's outgrown her 18 month clothes (they were so short in the arms and waist that it was comical) and is in 18-24 month/2T, and some 3T sizes for clothes, depending on the brand.  She wears a size 5 shoe right now and is wearing silver Mary Jane See Kai Run shoes which are super cute. She loves them and asks to wear them all the time. We graduated from the PediPeds since she's a full time walker now and needed a sole with a grip rather than smooth leather. 

Lily now has eight teeth - four top and two bottom middle, and the two next to her middle bottom. I'm not looking forward to molars....maybe she'll be one of those kids totally unaffected. One can only hope!

Personality... oh, she's just so happy and so, so sweet. I'm not saying that because I'm her mom...she just really is. She just laughs and smiles pretty much all day long. She is ALWAYS happy to see her mommy, and you'd think she hadn't seen me for days with the reception I get whenever she sees me after not seeing me (even if only for two minutes). She loves her daddy too, but right now is all about me. I'll enjoy that while it lasts since I know the days of daddy's girl are right around the corner!

Comments

Popular Posts