Update post

I've been super busy! The past two days I worked for one of our agency clients as a fill-in until their new nanny can start. Not typical, but just another service that I offer to keep our clients happy and stress free. Lily accompanied me (we're a package deal) and she had a lot of fun thanks to all the toys at the house. The little girl had the Pottery Barn Kids kitchen, and even though I thought Lily would be a little young for it....she proved me wrong.


Watching her play with the kitchen had to be the most adorable thing EVER. She spent literally over an hour each day playing with it...taking the food and serving objects out one at a time, inspecting them, "tasting" them, and then putting them all back in. I was shocked since she's not even a year old yet and I thought that it would be a better present when she was 2. I was texting Ethan pictures and he was just dying. The little teapot that you see her playing with makes a little pouring noise when you tip it, so she loved doing that. She would move it from burner to burner. We're thinking about getting her the stove component of the set for Christmas... but we're not sure...we might wait until she's 2. I jokingly told Ethan to buy me the stove since it's so entertaining to watch her play with it! The stove is so cool - the knobs turn and make clicking noises, and there's tons of storage inside too. I think the fridge is pretty much pointless, and the sink is super cute, but we're limited on space where we live. Pottery Barn Kids sells it in red, which is our favorite color since it actually matches our house and I don't really love all things pink. The little girl has had the set for a couple of years and I was impressed with how heavy it is and the quality of the construction. I shouldn't be surprised though...it is PBK after all! I can't wait until the tea party days....

Comments

So cute!! My mom got Noah a "manly" play kitchen last year, and he loves it. I set it up in the corner of our kitchen, so he can "cook" while I cook. :) Have you tried craigslist? There might be someone selling one for a lot less! If I could afford it, I'd own that whole darn PBK catalog! lol
Lauren said…
Haha, I have bought things from CL before but I think we woul just get this directly from PBK since the red is relatively new in their product line and I like their customer service if anything should happen with the stove! I always register for everything and then use the 10% completion discount! ;)

Popular Posts