A day in the life.....

So, today Lily was up at 7:45. After our morning nursing, we went to the living room to play and have breakfast before her morning nap. She went right to sleep and I snuggled back up next to Ethan and we all slept for another 2 hours. When she got up, Ethan got up with her so that I could get a little extra sleep. We tend to tag team this way. 

When I woke up (about 30 minutes later) I set to work making mashed potato stuffed meatloaf. This recipe was not my idea... I learned of it from my one of my best friends' boyfriend who created it. I just split the meatloaf mixture in half, press it into the bottom of the pan and then bake for about 10-15 minutes to cook it through. Then I added the potatoes and then made the "roof" from the remaining mixture and baked for an hour at 400. You could use any meatloaf recipe. Mine is pretty simple... 1 egg, 1 cup of bread crumbs, ground pepper and garlic powder to taste, finely chopped onions, and A1 sauce. The glaze is made from worcestershire sauce, honey, and ketchup... I didn't measure, just mixed until I got the taste I was going for. This whole thing was actually pretty huge for me. Those who know me know I am a rule follower and follow recipes to the letter... I don't tend to just get creative and whimsical but today, I did, and it paid off. It was delicious, and Lily agreed.

The finished product!

When I pulled the meatloaf out of the oven, I finished up some things around the house and then Lily awakened from her nap. I put her in the stroller and we headed out. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, and we ended up walking for an hour. I didn't really have a goal in mind or a route, but we both enjoyed it. When we came back, it was dinnertime! Lily eats what we eat, but she's funny in that she wants to see us eating the food before she'll eat it. So after several bites, I could see she was interested and gave her some on her tray. She ate quite a bit of it!

Lily wolfed down her serving size
After dinner we read some books and played, and then I got her ready for bed. After I put her in the crib, I went to get a shower and then decided to make some chocolate chip cookies since I had all the ingredients on hand. Why not? Quite a few will go to my neighbors. I just leave little Ziploc bags outside their doors. I don't even have to leave a note anymore....they know any baked goods are from me.

Chocolate chip cookies (Nestle Toll House with extra flour thrown in)
We have a product review AND a giveaway coming up on the blog next week! I'm really excited about it, since the products that I've reviewed are totally awesome. Tune in on Thursday for the review! (hint: they are cloth diaper related, although you could definitely use some of the products even if you use disposables!) 

Comments

Popular Posts