52 Weeks Old/12 Months Old/1 Year!

1 year ago, meeting Lily at last
I spent a lot of today thinking about where I was at this moment last year and what was happening with my labor at that time, and when I held Lily for the first time. I didn't put her down very much that first day! Lily was taking her morning nap at 10:40 AM this morning, so I couldn't take a picture holding her at that exact time. Maybe next year. This year has gone pretty much as I expected and I wouldn't change a second of it. I'm still amazed at how fast babies grow in a year... tripling their weight and gaining so much length. Just the physical growth is amazing to watch, as is the mental. 

Our 1 year old sitting in her new PBK Anywhere chair!

At 1 year old, Lily is not yet walking independently, but stands for several seconds at a time and continues to cruise. She also has a push walker and runs down our hallways with it. She'll hold one of our hands and walk as well. Super close!

Lily waves for "hello", "goodbye" and "night night". She also says "Ah dun!" when she is finished eating sometimes. She will shake her head and say "No" when she doesn't want something. Sometimes she changes her mind after the fact. ;) She says "Daddy", "Moo", and will clap when she hears "Yay!", "Clap", or "Good job!" She'll come to you when you tell her to, and will give high fives. She'll point to your nose when you ask where it is. 

Her eyes still look just like mine, shape, color, etc. Her hair is still blondish brown with a little wisp and is getting longer. Sometimes she lets me put hair bows in her hair... she needs to get used to it, because her mama loves hair bows!
Lily nurses five-six times per day and is still eating about three meals of solid foods as well.  Her favorites are bananas, blueberries, grilled cheese, broccoli, and ham.

She's in 18 month and some 18-24 month sizes for clothes, depending on the brand.

Lily has six teeth - four top and two bottom middle. We think more bottom teeth are on the way but they're taking their time! No fussiness from that, thank goodness! 


Lily and the Rabbit
Birthday party pictures to follow!

Comments

Popular Posts