Whew, what a weekend!

We're back from Charlotte, and it was quite a jam packed weekend! We arrived around 11 PM on Thursday night, and promptly went to bed. Or at least tried to....Lily was not doing so well in that regard. She was up 7 (yes, 7) times throughout the night because she had rolled over onto her tummy and then started fussing around. Ethan would flip her back over, which would wake her up. This cycle repeated until around 5 AM. Ethan gave up at that point and carried her out to the living room so she could sleep on his chest. When my parents came in to get ready to leave for work, they took her for about 45 minutes so that he could go to bed. So, it was definitely a rough night. I was prepared for the 4 month wakeful period and have been waiting for it... I was pretty sure this was it. Nope, folks. We have ourselves a converted stomach sleeper. I'm still waiting for that 4 month wakeful period though....maybe we'll be lucky enough to escape it!

Naptime today
All babies convert at some point, and within the last week she's been spending almost all of her time on her stomach. The minute her back touches the floor, she rolls over quickly and plays. Anyway, she was fussing around a little bit in her sleep just like she does when she's on her back, and Ethan interpreted it as struggling to breathe (which was not the case, obviously). Since we've been scarred by our near-death experience with Symmes, we're a little bit more paranoid than most parents are since we've been there. I told Ethan to try not flipping her back over and see what happened...and sure enough, she went right back to her old sleeping habits of waking up once between 4-5 and then going back to sleep.

Friday we headed to meet Ethan's family (his parents, aunt, and uncle) for lunch at McAllister's Deli. We were there for about an hour, and then Ethan's brother came to get him and we all went our separate ways. I headed to my mom's school since she had twenty-one little six year olds hoping to meet Lily. When I walked into the classroom, there was a collective gasp from all of those little six year olds. It was way too cute. A lot of the school staff also met her and were lining up to wash their hands to hold her. My mom and dad are both pretty well known at the school (dad has done long term sub assignments for teachers on maternity leave and goes to play music for classes on a volunteer basis) so everyone knew who Lily was. After I finished up at mom's school, I headed to SouthPark to meet up with my dear friend Marisa. Marisa and I have known each other since I started dating Ethan, and she's just so much fun. I love her positive attitude about everything in life, and she's just a sweetheart. She just got married to the love of her life on March 31st. Hugh was diagnosed with cancer 12 days before their wedding, so they had to postpone their honeymoon in order to start treatment. Prayers for them as they navigate beating this cancer would be appreciated. Talk about putting those vows to the test before they even said them! Marisa's attitude towards all of it is absolutely inspiring. After our meeting, I headed home to spend the evening with my family....and went to bed at 7 PM since I was so tired from the events of the day.

Saturday we went to Showmars to celebrate Caroline's (my sister) 27th birthday (it isn't until the 28th, but we wanted to celebrate it together as a family) and we gave her a Kindle Touch. She loves it. I knew she would when she hijacked my Kindle during her last visit! Ethan and I love ours....simplifies things so much, and we hate clutter. Lily will have real books though since we don't want her looking at a screen of any kind until she's 4 (with the exception of our videochats with friends and family). That age will probably be adjusted...if she's 2 when our second baby arrives, it will be pushed until our youngest child is 4. Millions of children worldwide somehow survive without television. ;) After lunch, we headed up to the lake to spend some time with my grandparents. Caroline drove up there later that afternoon, and we all had pizza from Bellacino's and then went to Ben & Jerry's for hot fudge sundaes. It was so nice to just spend time hanging out together. Grandma Ginger was in heaven because she rocked Lily to sleep not just once, but twice. I took tons of photos but haven't processed them yet, so I will post those tomorrow when I get a chance to do that tonight after Lily is in bed.

Carolyn walking to Matthew
Sunday was the day of the wedding. Mom and dad drove up to the lake to hang out with Lily. My grandparents, Ethan, and I left for the wedding which was only about 10-15 minutes away. The wedding was short (my favorite kind) and Carolyn was absolutely stunning. I didn't take pictures because I was too focused on the wedding to bother. This picture was taken by Carolyn's sister, so I take no credit for it. Isn't she gorgeous? I started crying when I saw Carolyn coming down the aisle, and of course completely lost it when they said their vows. It didn't help that Carolyn was crying either! The reception was fun as well, but I missed the first dance and couples dance because I was outside waiting for Lily....my parents brought her to me during the reception so I could feed her. Matthew and Carolyn were coming inside and saw me waiting...and Carolyn asked the photographer to take a few pictures of she and I together. I can't wait to see those! Lily made a brief appearance at the reception (we're talking less than 2 minutes) so that she could meet a few family members that otherwise would never have seen her in babyhood. We're just not in Charlotte that often, nor do we want to move back. Mom and dad took her back to the lakehouse, and we stayed until Matt and Carolyn made their departure... they drove straight to the airport for their honeymoon in Las Vegas. We drove home, and Lily was out with mom and dad on a walk so we packed everything up quickly and loaded up the car. When they came back from the walk, I fed her, and then we hit the road at 4:30. We had to make 2 nursing stops on the way, so it took 5 hours, but that's still excellent time. Lily went to bed at 10 last night, and slept until 4:30 this morning, and then until 8:15. Of course, she slept mostly on her stomach. :)

Today was Ethan's first day at work in his new position as sergeant! We didn't really get to spend the morning together because he had a dentist appointment, but no worries. I have just been cleaning up the house, doing laundry, running errands, etc. He's been enjoying it so far... I can't wait to hear about his day when I see him tomorrow since Lily and I will be asleep when he gets home tonight.

Time for me to go do a few more things while Lily naps....

Comments

Popular Posts