5 months old!

Lily is 5 months old today! Unfortunately, our couch is not here since we don't get it back until May 4th. ::sigh:: I tried to recreate it with the pillows as best as I could for continuity's sake.


At 5 months old, we have no idea how much Lily weighs or how tall she is. Our next vaccination appointment is next week, so I might ask for a weight check then...depends on how long the appointment takes! If we're waiting forever, I'll skip it since the numbers aren't important to me. She is obviously growing as she's already getting too long for some of her 6 month old clothes! No solids - and no plans to start them until between 7-8 months. I'll decide when she's ready for it. Again, we're doing baby led eating, so there will be no pureed baby food and she won't be spoon fed anything. Breastfeeding continues to be awesome for us both, and she still eats 8 times in a 24 hour period. I nurse her every 2-2.5 hours during the day. Some folks have suggested that I try to go longer between feedings, but we're not ready for that, and it doesn't bother me. She eats when she's hungry, and right now that's every 2-2.5 hours! I've already commented on her current sleep habits in yesterday's post. I'm sure this will change in another month or so when she hits the 6 month growth spurt. Cloth diapering is also continuing to be awesome. We are still experimenting with the best nighttime solution. Right now that's a change when she wakes up for the early morning feeding. I ordered a Kawaii nighttime cloth diaper to try out, so we'll see how that works. I also ordered 6 more BumGenius Freetimes since I snagged them at a huge discount, and they are our preferred diaper, although we also love our BumGenius 4.0 pockets. Lily continues to be a very observant baby, and is very calm and happy. The older she gets, the more she looks like me. We were at the bank today, and the teller started laughing because apparently we had the same expression on our faces as I was digging through my wallet trying to find something. She said "I'm sorry for laughing, but I've never seen a baby look so much like her mom, and you two had the EXACT same look on your faces!"  Her eyes are beginning to turn green, which makes me happy.

Lily officially rolls from tummy to back now. She can also drag herself forward and can inchworn several feet, as well as rotate herself all the way around. Sitting up is not far behind...she can sit for a few seconds unassisted with her arms propping her up. We practice sitting several times per day. Once she can sit unassisted I am totally going to go crazy with photo shoots!

 Here's a little video from this morning that I took with my phone. She had been rolling all morning and I decided to video it... however, this was after she'd been up for a bit and had done it several times, so she was starting to get tired. Her normal rolling is super fast with no getting stuck. I had to take it from far away because if I was next to her, she wasn't interested in rolling. She likes to look at my face and chat with me instead. :)


Lily also continues to laugh when she thinks something is funny. Mo has gotten her to laugh several times with crazy dancing and gymnastics. I love my little girl, but standing on my head is not a length I'm willing to go to for a laugh. I'll let Mo do it for me and enjoy it. Haha. I know I still haven't posted the video of her laughing for the first time... Ethan has been too busy to convert it into a file for our collection. I promise that once I have it, I will post it! 

Tomorrow is special because we're going to visit Aunt Cathy at her hotel! I can't wait to see her and for her to meet Lily. There will be pictures! (of course). :)

I'll end this post with a picture of two of my most favorite people in the world....






Comments

Popular Posts