VIOLET: 5 MONTHS OLD
Is my littlest baby really 5 months old already? Why does time seem to move faster the older I get? I'm sure I'm just one of millions of mothers who ask that question. My poor parents must think time moves at the speed of light.
At 5 months old, Violet is outgrowing some of her 6 month clothes and is in 9 month clothes. She continues to nurse on demand, and I think it's around 7-8 times per day? She goes up to 3-4 hours sometimes between feedings. I tried to pay attention just for the sake of this blog post. Haha. No solids, and no plans to start anytime soon, but we'll be pulling out the high chair this weekend so she can get some practice sitting in it and grabbing things off of the tray. Once I think she's ready, we'll start with the BLW approach like we did with Lily. Here's Lily at 5 months old.
Sleeping: she sleeps 12-13 hours straight at night and has for a week now. Thank you, Jesus. (in all sincerity) I did nothing to make this happen other than one night of letting her fuss it out. I know we have the 6 month growth spurt approaching so this could change, but we will see what happens.
Violet is a very observant baby like her big sister was, and is very laid back and SO happy. She rewards everyone with big smiles and will copy sounds if you take the time to talk to her. She never cries. Like, ever. I know I've said that before, but people - I'm serious. She's a dream baby. If she even shows a hint of getting upset, we rush right to her because it's not her norm at all.
I think she looks a lot like Ethan but more and more people have been saying she looks like me. I don't know... Ethan and I have been mistaken for siblings a lot, so I think it's safe to say that we sort of look alike anyway - so it would make sense for people to think that our girls look like either one of us. That sentence sounds really confusing when I read it back to myself.
Violet has been rolling both ways for a while and has no problem getting to where she wants to go by log rolling. She can also drag herself forward, push herself backward, as well as rotate herself all the way around. Sitting up is not far behind...she can sit for a few seconds unassisted with her arms propping her up. We practice sitting several times per day. Lily thinks that Violet sitting up is pretty much the most amazing thing ever and seems to be figuring out that Violet is growing and isn't going to be this little baby laying on the rug forever.


Comments