VIOLET: FOUR MONTHS OLD


Click here to see Lily at four months old.



At 4 months old, Violet's personality is becoming evident. She's extremely laid back and so happy. Like her sister at this age,  she is constantly "standing" with her legs when she is sitting in our laps, and also rolls over whenever she feels like it from back to tummy. She can also roll from tummy to back as well but does not do this as often. She's a pretty independent baby, and wants to be put down after being held for a while. Violet is also a big fan of sitting up assisted and has great head control. I think she'll be sitting on her own in a couple of months. Violet doesn't play favorites and is equally happy with either Ethan or me. She goes willingly to most strangers as well and is nowhere near as suspicious as Lily was.

Nursing is going well, I still don't track it so I have no idea how many times I nurse Violet. Lily continues to nurse as well. I just nurse on demand for them both and it's working well for us.

Sleeping is going great! Violet started sleeping through the night (8 hour stretch) pretty consistently right after hitting 12 weeks. She sleeps in our room next to our bed in her bassinet. Currently she goes to bed around 8, wakes at some point to nurse, goes back to sleep and is up around 8ish for the day. Naps for Violet with Lily running around aren't very easy, but she takes a morning nap, afternoon nap, and evening nap. Don't ask me the times....or the lengths...because I don't keep track, so I don't know. :) She's definitely well rested, and I can always tell when she needs to go to sleep. Because of her easygoing personality I don't feel the need to keep her as structured as her Type A older sister who thrives best on a pretty rigid schedule. I'll just go ahead and say it now: Lily is totally "my" child in most ways, and Violet is strikingly like Ethan when it comes to personality (and her looks!). 

Here's a couple more photos I took during Violet's 4 month picture session. They're some of my new favorites. :) You can see how my two girls look like sisters but not twins!



Comments

Obelix said…
They look really alike! Violet is a happy baby. Always on her all smile look. :) Pretty!
Awesome post, thanks for sharing this post..

Popular Posts