VIOLET: TWO MONTHS OLD
Click here to see Lily at two months old.
Funny story: today when I pulled out the stickers I realized that I had put the 2 month one back on the wrong side of the paper. Whoops. So, we just taped the whole thing to Violet. ;) Improvisation, people. It's what parenting is all about!
At two months old, Violet interacts with us much more than Lily did at this stage - she smiles and coos, and isn't stingy with her responses - everyone gets a big smile. I guess she isn't as suspicious as Lily! Violet is wearing 3 month clothing, but some of it is too short already... I guess we'll have to pull out the 6 month clothing pretty soon. She's definitely a very long baby, but much plumper than Lily was.
Violet can hold her head up for a while and sit in the Bumbo unassisted for a bit too. She loves to be held but also enjoys being put on her back to play under her jungle gym or in her Momaroo - she laughs and "talks" to the mobile.
I think Violet looks so much like Ethan. Time of course will tell, but when he's holding her they often have the same expression on their face. Plus, her hair is his color as well... we'll see what happens as she grows! She still definitely looks like Lily's sibling since they share some of the same features, but they are definitely not as twin like in looks as they were when Violet was a newborn. Hey, they're both super cute, right? ;)
Violet hardly EVER fusses. Lily was a super easy baby, but Violet makes her look like she was difficult! I swear, Violet hardly ever cries. Lily had a week where she was fussy in the evenings for a couple of hours during a growth spurt that had Ethan ready to lose his mind, but nothing like that from Violet at all thus far. No complaints here! Violet is also sleeping great and a 5 hour stretch is pretty much the norm here (usually from 10:30 PM-3:30 or 4 AM). After that feeding she generally sleeps until around 7 AM before wanting to eat again and then sleeps until 9-9:30 AM. I have no idea how many times per day she nurses because I don't track it. I decided that I wasn't going to track anything on my phone and just enjoy her and follow her cues. So far it has worked well for us. I'm hoping she naturally falls into sleeping through the night between 4-5 months but if she doesn't, I'll put some sleep training techniques into play to help her with that. I will enjoy having a few hours to myself in the evening again once both girls are in bed at 7 PM! :)


Comments