It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas....

This afternoon I ran to the post office to pick up a few priority mail boxes that I needed to mail some gifts to friends and family. As I was coming out, I saw this and I just HAD to snap a picture. I've never seen this at any other post office and I just thought it was so awesome. I wonder what happens to the letters? Part of me wants to write one and see if I get a response... hmm....



This evening we took the girls to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the Garden Lights display. It was the first time we had ever been and it was SO cool! We arrived right at 5 PM as the sun was setting to avoid the crowds. I didn't bring a tripod with me though, so I was unable to get super amazing photos of the lights since I'm not a statue and can't hold the camera still enough for a low shutter speed without blur... and that's what you need to capture lights. Ethan took a few as well in my quest to appear in more photos with my children! A friendly gentleman offered to take a photo of the four of us too, which we appreciated.

The ones that are not watermarked were taken with my iPhone...which worked quite well without needing a tripod! ;) We had such a fun time, and Lily LOVED it... she kept saying "Wow!" and naming the colors of the lights she saw. They also had this huge train village which was really cute to watch as well.

After we left, we headed out to eat - the first time we have taken both girls out to eat. :) Basically, this is my motto: if everyone is alive at the end of the day, I was successful. Going in I knew it could either be a disaster, go really well, or something in between. It went really well. I slipped into a booth while Ethan and Lily waited in line to order the food and nursed Violet while waiting. By the time Ethan and Lily sat down with our food, Violet was all finished and I was able to eat my meal while holding her in one arm. All in all, a great day!






These lights were set to music 
Lily enjoyed watching and listening 


Lily finally decided her hands were cold enough to wear gloves
Chasing Daddy



Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the photos!! I think we will try to go this weekend!! Crazy busy, I'm sure!

Popular Posts