An announcement!

So, I have an announcement to make. 

Baby Ridge 2.0 will be joining us in October! As of today I'm 31 weeks pregnant, so not much longer in the grand scheme of things! We informed our families on Mother's Day weekend when I was 17 weeks along. We put the below photo into our mom's (and my grandmother's) Mother's Day cards. It took a little bit for it to sink in and realize what it was announcing for each of them. My mom squealed when she realized, and my grandmother's jaw dropped. My grandmother has three granddaughters, and my younger cousin is due with a little girl a week after me - so Grandma is getting TWO new great grandbabies in October!

Lily's shirt says "I'm going to be a big sister"

Most friends have just found out as they run into me. We're pretty low key about things like this if you weren't around for Lily's pregnancy and birth! I have kept a separate blog for this pregnancy which will be merged with this one over the next couple of weeks. If you're subscribed, you'll get those posts in your email. If not... you'll have to skip back to February and go from there to read all of the entries. Don't worry - there aren't as many as there were with Lily, simply because there's really no planning or purchasing of things this time around! 


30 weeks and 5 days
Our family of 4! 
I'm feeling great and loving that I actually look pregnant a few weeks sooner than I did with Lily. Someone once told me that with your first you couldn't WAIT to show and that with your second you didn't want to... well, with both I couldn't wait to show and was kind of disappointed that I didn't show way sooner the second time around since everyone swore that I would! I would say right at the beginning of week 29 is when things really started moving outwards, but there are still days that baby is in transverse position (just like Lily) and I don't look very pregnant at all. It really just depends on the day.

We are not finding out the sex of Baby Ridge 2.0 until birth, and the plan is another unmedicated water birth at Atlanta Medical Center. Alice (our doula) will be returning for the birth of our second, and so far, so good. I'm really excited to be able to experience labor and delivery again since I loved it with Lily. It's such an awesome thing to experience and so cool to see what my body and mind are capable of! If you're friends with me on Facebook or Instagram, please refrain from commenting about my pregnancy. I prefer to keep all pregnancy and family related things for the most part to this blog only.

I'll leave you with a photo of the newest addition at our 20 week anatomy scan (all was perfect). Don't get too excited - it's a leg. They didn't take any photos whatsoever that would reveal the sex at our request since it's medically irrelevant information. All I cared about was making sure our baby was healthy!

Practicing breathing and swallowing amniotic fluid.
This kid had to be jiggled a lot to wake up to cooperate
and was sucking their thumb intermittently just like Lily at her scan.

And one last one.... just for comparison's sake!

I can't wait to see if our children look alike or different!

Comments

Popular Posts