Lakeside, OH

I've posted before about how Lakeside, OH is heaven on earth. My parents bought a cottage there and Lily and I spent time there with them last summer. We headed up again this summer. Ethan didn't come with us, but my sister did - and Lily sure does love her Aunt Caroline and Gramie and Grandpa.... we're still waiting to see what she ends up calling my dad. Sometimes it's Pop, Pop-Pop or PaPa. She's still little though, so time will tell! 

We visited Lakeside from July 1-July 10th. Here are a few photos from our time there this summer To see photos from our trip from last year, click here... and here... and here. what a difference a year makes! Lily had an absolute blast. She loved playing at the multiple parks and playgrounds in the sandboxes with her sand toys Gramie brought her, riding in the golf cart with whoever would take her for a drive, and pretty much always had one of us to play with or read to her. My parents gave me such a nice break during the time we were there and let me sleep in practically every morning. They also cooked fabulous food for us and it was a nice and relaxing break to not be Lily's main caregiver during the time we were there. I think I might have changed 5 diapers max. Thanks so much mom and dad! 

Getting a bath in the cottage sink
Lakeside 4th of July parade





New annual tradition of a picture in the Bradley Temple Butterfly Chairs
(last year she was 7 months old!)


$5 hot fudge sundae from the Whistle Stop.
Worth every penny.

 

I love the sheer joy on my daughter's face.
She LOVED these giant beach balls.

Bubble time on the cottage patio





One of my favorite pictures of Lily...bubble solution all over her chin and all.
She looks SO much like me in this photo, it's not even funny.

Comments

Popular Posts