Back again!

I've been out of town in North Carolina since December 28th but we're back as of yesterday for another couple of months. It was wonderful to see friends and family. While we were away, Lily started walking a lot more and currently walks several times per day. Right now it's mainly when she lets go of whatever she's holding onto and walks to where I am. We're up to 11 steps at the max... it's fun to see her walk! I'm very glad that she started walking in her thirteenth month, as that was my hope for the latest she'd start... I would have loved it earlier, but her personality is so cautious when it comes to perfecting new skills that I'm not surprised she waited until she was confident. She doesn't have the wobbly toddle or "frankenbaby" steps, but walks quite solidly. Wonder how long it will take her to decide that walking just might be faster than crawling... she's quite speedy with the crawl, haha.

While we were in Charlotte, we were invited over for brunch by our good friends Gene and Stephanie! Ethan and Stephanie pretty much grew up together, and I was blessed enough to meet her. Over the past couple of years, I have come to consider her one of my closest friends. Her husband Gene is pretty much awesome as well. Seriously, you can't find two nicer people. Lily was in heaven the moment we walked up to the door and heard their dogs barking. The dogs were soooo sweet, and she just loved them. One wanted nothing to do with her, and the other was just a little cuddly snuggler. There were also fish and a rabbit present which Lily was fascinated by. She gets her love of animals from her dad. I'm fine with them, but I don't adore them. However, their little dog definitely stole my heart. Lily made herself right at home in their lovely home. She enjoyed climbing up and down their flight of stairs... backing down the stairs is one of her new favorite things to do. Gene made us a delicious breakfast of French toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon which Lily chowed down on (and so did I!). It was so awesome to visit with them for a couple of hours as they're some of our favorite people. Hopefully they'll come visit us in Atlanta so we can return the breakfast favor! ;) Here's some photos from our morning with them!








Comments

Popular Posts