8 MONTHS OLD
![]() |
| 8 Months Old at Ocean Isle Beach, NC |
Her eyes are now green.....and my color! They change just like mine to look more purple or navy blue in hue depending on what she's wearing. I love it.
Lily mostly in 9 month sleepers, and for regular clothes.... 9 months through 2 years in some stuff. I'm not even kidding. Hello, long legs and long torso.... wait, who am I kidding? Long everything!
Lily can sit up for as long as she wants, and can push herself up to a sitting position if she really wants to. She still loves to roll across the floor. No crawling on all fours consistently, but she was all over the beach house in Ocean Isle. Bella, the tiny poodle, was avoiding Lily like the plague. Lily didn't give up on trying to reach Bella. Next summer she'll be 20 months old and running all over the place! Lily also pulls herself to a stand on anything low-profile enough, and did so with a basket at the beach several times. She loves to stand, and if we pull her up, she always goes to a stand instead of sitting. She reaches up for me if I am nearby to be picked up. New favorite play activities are being gently thrown in the air (not too high) and being tickled in just the right spots. She starts squealing when I say, "I'm gonna getcha!" before I even start tickling because she knows what's coming.
Food: she pretty much eats whatever we give her, and she ate quite a bit at the beach. Once Mo goes back to school later this month, we'll have more regular meals and she'll eat breakfast and lunch with us every day. Breastmilk will still be her main source of nutrition though! New food at the beach we introduced was Mexican rice and mahi mahi. The child LOVES blueberries and ate quite a few of them! She is also a big fan of plain Cheerios. Whenever she sees me drinking water, she grabs for the glass. I allow her to have a few sips here and there, but I don't want her drinking a lot of water for a few month months due to maintaining proper electrolyte balance. We're not going to do a sippy cup (skipping it and going straight to open cups), so it's great that she likes to drink from open glasses.


Comments