Doctors, vaccinations, etc.

Yesterday morning we had Lily's extended audiology screening. The not so fun part about that was having to deprive her of food and sleep since they needed her to nurse and then sleep so they could run the test. The other option was sedation, and you know there is no WAY I would allow that. Not for a hearing test, no thank you. She was pretty upset by the time we got there - and if it hadn't been for Erica coming along to keep her awake, she would have fallen asleep in about 5 seconds once we got to the car. Anyway, the test went really well since she slept for it and she passed all of it with flying colors (just like I knew she would). The only reason she needed to have it was due to a family history of hearing loss. I already knew she was fine from her responses to noise, but they wanted to confirm it with testing.

When we got home, we were all tired, so we all took a nap. Erica was able to take some photos before she left to return to Charlotte, and I'll post a few of them eventually. Yesterday's post was one of the unedited shots but I just wanted to share. After Erica left, I packed up Lily again to head to the pediatrician for her second round of shots (Hib & Pc). I was pretty sure that we'd have a bad night as a result of these particular vaccinations (based on previous experience with multiple other children), and I was correct. Poor Lily woke up at 4 in the morning in pain from swelling at the injection site and with a low grade fever. No idea what her actual temperature was as I didn't need to take her temperature to know she was running a fever. As I said, I was expecting it. Nothing I couldn't help her with by nursing... I camped out on the couch for the rest of the morning and let her comfort nurse for several hours. I'm grateful for Apple TV... and streaming Netflix, as I watched the entire first season of Downton Abbey which was totally awesome. I'm hooked...can't wait until season 2 is available to watch! Lily pretty much nursed all day today (just like I thought she would). She was back to her old self by this afternoon, so I was able to wash her cloth diapers, do our laundry, clean the house, cook dinner for myself, and compose this blog post! I haven't gotten that much sleep today but it's interesting to me that as a mom I have way more energy than if I were doing this as a nanny. Being a mom is way easier than being a nanny.

Ethan has been at work all day today, and we won't see him until tomorrow. He ended up having to work an extra job right after his regular shift today, and tomorrow he's meeting a colleague to study for the oral interview section of the sgt's exam next week and working another extra job after that. I know it's cram time for this, so Lily and I are just flying solo. I'm enjoying all this alone time with my girl. I hear her waking up now...time for me to end this post!

Comments

Popular Posts