11 weeks old
11 weeks old
Lily is starting to purposely reach for, hit, and grab objects hanging on her play gym. It's fun to watch her make the connection. She notices much more around her, and is happy to sit in her bouncer or the MamaRoo for longer stretches of time and observe the goings on in the house. This has enabled me to do more around the house and the kitchen. When she gets fussy, I just pop her in the Moby and all is right in her world. Her sleep is gradually lengthening. We got a 6 hour stretch, but the norm is 4-5 hours so far... hoping this week is the beginning of a 6 hour stretch trend! She has been constantly eating (every 2 hours) during the day, so I know she's doing a lot of growing right now. She has also discovered her right fist and can get the whole thing in her mouth. Her neck and head control are excellent since we wear her all the time and she has to use those muscles, unlike babies who lay flat in carrier carseats or strollers all the time. Definitely another little perk to wearing her - I suspect she will probably be an early crawler as she's already trying to pull her knees up when on her tummy. I'm all for early mobility!

After a week, my dad is now proficient at cloth diapering, putting Lily to sleep, and reading her cues. He read her books, sang to her, and just enjoyed being with her. It was very cute to see. I have to admit that it's hard to think of my dad as a grandfather... my parents look amazing and are so healthy and fit that they seem WAY younger than 53 and 55. Dad came to work with Lily and I every day and really enjoyed meeting Mo. Mo also loved him (as I knew she would), so it was a fun week. Dad was super helpful with cooking and took Lily on long walks each day while I took a nap here and there. We also went to Costco with his membership and I stocked up on chicken breasts, pork chops/tenderloin, string cheese, and ravioli. I won't have to shop for meat for a good month or so, and we get our produce from the Farmer's Market. Everything else we get from Publix. Works for us. I think every time dad comes to visit we'll make a Costco run! :)
My dad has been here since last Sunday, and mom arrived Friday night. So, I've been having too much fun with my parents and haven't been around my computer very much!
Tummy time with Grandpa


Comments