VIOLET: THREE MONTHS OLD

It was dark outside...and way past bedtime...but you know me. Pictures must be taken on the actual date. So, this is the best I had to work with. After I finished quickly snapping photos I scooped her up, swaddled her, and nursed her to sleep. She slept the rest of the night, so there wasn't an opportunity to try again! Oh well...better luck next month. ;)


At three months old, Violet is VERY much aware of her surroundings and people and quite interested in them. She smiles at everyone, and will imitate sounds that she hears. She's much friendlier than Lily was to new people. :) Violet started rolling over a week ago, and we have yet to catch it on video. She is super calm and doesn't fuss while she's rolling over... and quite the determined little lady when she wants to get herself over! She is also grabbing things and likes to chew on them, but she's content to chew on her own hands too. I hold Violet quite a lot, but we use our MamaRoo often as well for a place to sit while I'm busy with Lily or doing something around the house. Violet is perfectly content to sit there and watch everything that is happening. Seriously, I am in awe of how relaxed and laid back she is. I'm also very thankful since it definitely makes life easier than if she were fussy and demanding.

Sleep: Violet is usually down for the night around 10:30 PM.... and sleeps until about 6 or 7 AM, eats and goes back to sleep for a couple more hours. Different than Lily at this stage to be sure, but that's okay with us! I am not messing with the bedtime right now as I would much rather have my long block of sleep than have her wake up 4 hours into the night for another feeding! I suspect she will naturally put herself on a sleep schedule so I'm not going to do anything at this time to change it. We've all been enjoying sleeping later.

Eating: I don't know. She eats when she's hungry and goes 2-3 hours between feedings during the day. I think.... I'm not tracking ANYthing this go round. I decided that I wasn't going to track feedings or diapers before she was born, and once she was here I stuck to that promise. It's wonderful and very freeing. I can't ever see myself going back to the insane and meticulous tracking of every single detail that I did with Lily as a first time breastfeeder concerned about whether or not she was getting enough. It made me feel better with Lily, so I suppose it wasn't all for naught.

Click here to see and read about Lily at three months old!

Comments

Popular Posts